Current Location: Naples, Florida
Skills & Attributes
- Expert in Photoshop CC & After Effects CC. Highly proficient with Illustrator, and have a working knowledge of Zbrush, Photoshop 3D, and Unity.
- 7 years of experience in game development, with multiple published titles
- Promoted at AGS from Graphic Artist II to Graphic Artist III (Sr)
- 2D Generalist capable of a diverse range of art styles.
- A quick study with new software. At AGS, I went from total After Effects newbie to leading our team in animation within 1 year, and was responsible for training recruits in AE.
- I’m Enthusiastic, positive, and enjoy a creative challenge.
- I speak Mandarin Chinese (conversant/intermediate)
Graphic Artist III (Sr)
(July 2014 – Sept. 2017; Austin TX, USA)
I provided illustrations, graphic art, characters, & animations for video slot machines for the casino floor. I took artwork from the concept phase all the way through animation, testing, & delivery. I mentored and trained new team members, in both painting and animation.
PK Game Art Studios
Owner & Artist
(2011 – Present; Secret Lair, FL)
Game Art, Illustration, & Animation. I contract with studios, indie devs, and clients for games, illustration, graphic design, 2D animation, VFX animation, and more. I’ve worked on dozens of games in a variety of roles, and have done my fair share of environment art, character designs, parallax BG’s, tiling platforms, hex tiles, weapons, concept art, UI, logos, and card design.
|Some Recent Clients||Responsibilities|
|Middle Man Games
|Game Artist (Unity platform): all game art assets, starting with concept art, art direction, animatable creatures & characters, complex interactive 2D background assets, animated vfx (explosions, particles, blasts, etc.), UI, illustrations, etc.|
|Siege Engine Games
|Environment Artist & Concept Artist: tiles, characters, cards|
|Environment Artist: hexagon terrain tiles|
|Character Artist: cartoon card illustrations of fantasy characters set in environments|
|Collision Studios / Mattel
“Monster High: Ghouls & Jewels”
|Character Artist: vector 2D character assets – bodies, clothing, concepts, assets mix-n-match ready for dress-up themed game|
|2 Play Studios
Designed content for Steam’s Trading Card system (cards, characters, emoticons, & backgrounds)
2D Game Artist: created UI assets, menus, screens, sprite animations, splash screen, logo, etc.
Buckland International Education Group
Assistant Director, EFL Teacher
- As Assistant Director, I trained and led over 100 teachers annually in how to teach English to Chinese students, and how to thrive in the crazy fun world of China.
- As the company writer/artist, I authored & illustrated the “Non-Stop Talking” EFL textbook series, used in over 100 schools in China. I also created billboard ads, logos, brochures.
- I was an award-winning EFL teacher to students of all ages across China
- Gnomon School of Visual Effects – California (2012) Advanced Digital Painting
- BYU – Utah (2005 – 2008) Illustration
- BYU – Idaho (2003 – 2004) Art, & Architecture.
(2003-2004) Dean’s List